The Eastern Kentucky University volleyball team will travel to Mobile, Alabama this weekend for the University of South Alabama’s Jaguar Invitational presented by Holiday Inn Express.
The Colonels will play Florida A&M at 11 a.m. ET on Friday and Ole Miss at 4 p.m. ET on Friday. EKU wraps up the event on Saturday at noon against host South Alabama.
Eastern Kentucky’s match against South Alabama will air live on ESPN+.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– The Colonels and Florida A&M will be meeting for the first time ever.
– EKU and Mississippi have split two previous matches. The Colonels won the first meeting in 1979 while the Rebels won the second in 2002.
– South Alabama and Eastern Kentucky have never played.
– The Colonels are 7-3 overall after winning two of three last weekend in the Geri Polvino Invitational at McBrayer Arena.
– Molly Michalak leads the team with 2.76 kills per set. Sarah Mitchell contributes 2.64 kills per set.
– Newcomer Chloe Mason has a team-best 208 assists.
– The Colonels lead the ASUN in digs, have held their opponents to a .150 attack percentage and have committed 86 fewer errors.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Florida A&M is 3-7 this season, but has won three in a row. The Rattlers beat UNC Greensboro (3-0), Elon (3-2) and North Carolina A&T (3-0) last weekend. Dominique Washington leads the squad with 3.43 kills per set.
– Ole Miss sits at 2-5 in 2022 with three losses to top-25 ranked teams. The Rebels picked up their first two wins this past weekend over Sam Houston (3-0) and Texas State (3-1) before falling to Wake Forest (3-1). Anna Bair is averaging a team-high 4.08 kills per set.
– South Alabama is 3-6 this season. The Jaguars are coming off three losses over the weekend to Houston (3-2), ASUN Conference member Kennesaw State (3-0) and Mississippi State (3-0). Maddie Soboleski leads the Jaguars with 3.94 kills per set.