The men’s soccer program at Thomas More defeated the University of Pikeville by a score of 4-2 on Saturday (October 2). With the win the Saints improve to 4-3-2 overall and 2-2 in Mid-South Conference play.
- Sophomore Dan Hill (Tewkesbury, England / Hartpury) scored in the 12th minute for the Saints as junior captain Charlie Allen (Cardiff, Wales / Cardiff) found Hill who put the ball in the back of the net, giving Thomas More a 1-0 lead.
- First-Year Flo Meyer (Mulheim, Germany / Luisenschule) continued his impressive play by scoring at the 28:10 mark off a feed from senior Griffin Garrison (Cincinnati, Ohio / McNicholas), making the score 2-0 in favor of the Saints.
- Pikeville would get on the board in the 32nd minute as Anthony Aguilar cutting into Thomas More’s lead (2-1).
- Sophomore Brady Randle (Cold Spring, Ky. / Newport Central Catholic) would score for the first time this season via an assist from Meyer, growing the lead to 3-1.
- Aguilar would once again score for the Bears to make the score 3-2 in favor of the Saints.
- In the 66th minute Meyer would find the net for the second time in the game to give Thomas More a win and a final score of 4-2.
- Meyer would lead the team in goals with two and overall points with three.
- First-year Finn Battenstein (Ratingen, Germany / Martin Luther King Gesamtschule) collected an assist on Hill’s goal.
- Junior goalkeeper George Tidswell (Skipton, England / South Craven School) collected four saves in the game.
- Garrison continues to lead the team in points (10) after collecting an assist.
- Thomas More outshot Pikeville 13-11 for the game.
The men’s soccer team return home to Republic Bank Field for their next contest to take on Lindsey Wilson on Wednesday, October 2, at 7:15 ET.
Skylar Shaffer Co-Sports Information Director
Thomas More University