Thomas More’s women’s soccer team end their 2021 season with their 5-0 loss to #7 Cumberlands in the Mid-South Quarterfinals this afternoon (April 2). The Saints finish their season 4-10 overall and 3-8 in the conference.
- Cumberlands’ Randez fired a shot a that was deflected by first-year goalkeepr Taylor Stahl (Cincinnati, Ohio/Roger Bacon), but then Cumberlands’ Camara finished it into the net to give the Patriots a 1-0 lead 36:37 into the game.
- Cumberlands’ Randez passed the ball to Navajas Marin who sent the ball into the net at 48:02 into the game. (2-0).
- With 51:46 into the game, Cumberlands’ Camara sent a touch pass to Randez who struck the ball into the net to give the Patriots a 3-0 lead.
- Right after that at the 52:30 mark, the Patriots’ Lorca who was near the net, sent a pass back to Randez who finished the ball into the net (4-0).
- With 87:50 into the game, Cumberland’, a deflected pass found Widjeskog’s feet to score their final goal (5-0).
- Senior midfielder Morgan Beare (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) and junior forward Lindsey Brown (Melbourne, Ky./Campbell County)both had two shots with one on goal.
- Forward Ainsley Clark (Oxford, Ohio/Talawanda) and junior midfielder Jordan Harley (Cincinnati, Ohio/Mother of Mercy) both had one shot.
- Stahl played all 90 minutes, recording seven saves.