Thomas More’s softball team splits day one doubleheader with Georgetown on Friday (April 2) with the scores of 3-1 (Georgetown) and 12-4 (Saints). The Saints overall record is now 11-14 and 4-12 in the conference.
GAME 1: Georgetown 3-1
- Georgetown scored one run in the top of the 3rd inning.
- Sophomore pinch runner Grace Workman (Dayton, Ky./Dayton) scored in the bottom of the 4th inning off of sophomore third baseman Chloe Woeste (Cincinnati, Ohio/Colerain) getting walked to tie things up 1-1.
- Georgetown would score two runs in the top of the 6th inning to give them a 3-1 lead.
- Georgetown scored one run in the top of the 1st inning.
- In the bottom of the 1st inning, senior first baseman Andrea Gahan (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) hit a double to center to score senior center fielder Valerie Hudepohl (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) and sophomore second baseman Caitlin Dawson (Georgetown, Ky./Scott County) to give the Saints 1 2-1 lead. Next up, junior designated player Elana Harrison’s (Mason, Ohio/Mason) hit a double to ledt to send in Gahan to make the score 3-1.
- Georgetown scored one in the top of the 2nd (3-2).
- Sophomore right fielder Sydney Blesdoe (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) scored off of Hudepohl’s single through the hole at second base in the bottom of the 2nd to give the Saints a (4-2) lead.
- In the bottom of the 4th inning, Sophomore shortstop Hailey McAdoo (Cincinnati, Ohio/Mercy McAuley) hit a 2-run homerun to send in sophomore left fielder Mattison Fisher (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) (6-2). Gahan then singled to left to score Dawson and Hudepohl to extend the Saints lead to 8-2.
- In the top of the 5th inning, Georgetown scored two runs.
- In the bottom of the 5th, Harrison would score on McAdoo’s walk (9-2). Dawson next up would single to shallow center to send in Woeste to make the score 10-2. To end the game, Workman and McAdoo would score off of a dropped pop up that was hit by Gahan to make the final score 12-4.
- Woeste was 1-2 at the plate with one RBI and a walk.
- McAdoo was 2-4 at the plate.
- Gahan was 1-2 at the plate with two walks.
- Harrison went 3-3 at the plate with three doubles, one RBI, and one run.
- Gahan was 2-4 with six RBI’s, one double, and scored one run.
- McAdoo was 2-3 at the plate, with three RBI’s, two runs, one walk, and a two-run homerun.
- Hudepohl went 2-4 at the plate, one RBI and scored two runs.
- Blesdoe went 2-3 at the plate scoring one run.
- Dawson was 1-2 with one RBI, one walk, and scored one run.
- Sophomore pitcher Annika Gels (Eaton, Ohio/Eaton) pitched 7.0 innings with three runs off seven hits and struck out five.
- Sophomore pitcher Olivia Jackson (Florence, Ky./Boone County) pitched 5.0 innings four runs off six hits and stockout one.
The Saints return to the field tomorrow (April 3) to take on Georgetown for the second half of their four-game series with a doubleheader starting at 12:00 pm ET.