Northern Kentucky women’s tennis won its second-straight match at home, downing regional rival Dayton in a 5-2 decision. The Norse move to 3-3 on the year while the Flyers dip to 1-4.
- All three doubles matches finished with a 6-3 count, with the scores favoring the Norse in No. 1 and 3 doubles for a 1-0 NKU advantage. Maria Koo and Taylor Culbertson defeated Mattea Kilstofte and Natalie Allen in the top flight while Autumn Clark and Margita Sunjic took down Anna Delaney and Kristina Benjamin in the No. 3 matchup.
- The Norse used straight-set victories in No. 1,4 and 5 singles to clinch the match.
- Sunjic recorded the first singles point for NKU with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Kilstofte in the No. 1 singles match.
- Elizabeth Rozin took down Allen in the No. 4 match, 6-2, 6-1, before Katja Dijanezevic provided the clinching point with a 6-0, 6-1 victory over Mary Brascia in No. 5 singles.
- Koo added a straight-set victory as well after the Norse had clinched the match, downing Emily Zargham in matching 6-3 sets in No. 2 singles.
NKU is back on the court tomorrow at No. 23 Kentucky, with first serve scheduled for 4 p.m. ET in Lexington, Kentucky.
Northern Kentucky 5, Dayton 2
Singles (Order of Finish: 6,1,3,4,5*,2)
1. Margita Sunjic (NKU) def. Mattea Kilstofte (UD) 6-2, 6-3
2. Maria Koo (NKU) def. Emily Zargham (UD) 6-3, 6-3
3. Kelly Pleiman (UD) def. Taylor Culbertson (NKU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Elizabeth Rozin (NKU) def. Natalie Allen (UD) 6-2, 6-1
5. Katja Dijanezevic (NKU) def. Mary Brascia (UD) 6-0, 6-1
6. Anna Delaney (UD) def. Autumn Clark (NKU) 3-0, retired
Doubles (Order of Finish: 2,1,3*)
1. Taylor Culbertson/Maria Koo (NKU) def. Mattea Kilstofte/Natalie Allen (UD) 6-3
2. Kelly Pleiman/Emily Zargham (UD) def. Katja Dijanezevic/Elizabeth Rozin (NKU) 6-3
3. Autumn Clark/Margita Sunjic (NKU) def. Anna Delaney/Kristina Benjamin (UD) 6-3
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Northern Kentucky University