Eastern Kentucky University’s baseball team will host Morehead State University for a non-conference game on Tuesday.
The game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. Tickets are available.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– Eastern Kentucky leads the all-time series 110-105-1.
– Morehead State won two of three during the conference series earlier this season in Morehead.
– EKU won the series finale 11-0 as Louis Davenport III pitched six innings and struck out 10 batters. Caleb Upshaw was 2-for-4 with two runs and five RBIs.
– EKU (12-21, 7-11 OVC) is coming off a series victory over Jacksonville State at home.
– Cam Ridley leads the team with a .311 batting average and 29 runs scored.
– Daniel Harris IV has an 18-game hitting streak going.
– Caleb Upshaw has a team-best eight home runs and 31 RBIs.
– Will Brian earned his sixth save of the season on Saturday. He is 2-1 this season with a 3.10 ERA and 27 strike outs in 20 and one-third innings.
– Freshman Garret Simpson will make his third start, the first two of which came against top-5 ranked Southeastern Conference teams. The right-hander is 1-4 this season with a 5.20 ERA. He has 22 strike outs and nine walks in 27 and two-thirds innings.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Morehead State is 18-13 this season and has an 8-4 mark against Ohio Valley Conference teams. The Eagles won three of four at home against Eastern Illinois over the weekend and have won eight of their last 11.
– Morehead State’s offense is powered by the duo of first baseman Jackson Feltner and catcher Jack Gardner. Feltner is hitting .416 with 15 runs and s29 RBIs. Gardner is batting .293 and leads the team in RBIs (34) and home runs (7).
– Cory Conway has earned seven wins out of the bullpen this season. He is 7-1 with a 3.66 ERA in 14 appearances.
– Right-hander Jake Ziegelmeyer will make his first appearance of the season and start for the Eagles.
Associate Athletics Director for Strategic Communications & Branding
Eastern Kentucky University